Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

sensus fidelium OR sensus diabolicum

sensus fidelium OR sensus diabolicum

"Church must ‘update’ teaching on marriage and family according to Cardinal Baldisseri, the Secretary General of the Synod of Bishops"

[Excerpts from LifeSiteNews article by Hillary White on May 9, 2014]

LINK

The time has come for the Church to “update” its teaching on marriage and the family, one of the Vatican’s highest ranking cardinals has said.

“The Church is not timeless,” Cardinal Lorenzo Baldisseri, the Secretary General of the Synod of Bishops said.

Baldisseri said the Synod will “treat this complex theme of the family” and will “allow a more adequate response to the expectations of the people.”

He added that the document “Familiaris Consortio” by John Paul II needs to be “updated,” noting that it was published 33 years ago.

“The Church is not timeless, it lives amid the vicissitudes of history and the Gospel must be known and experienced by people today. It is in the present that the message should be, with all respect for the integrity of whoever receives that message.”

He said that the two Synods, the meeting in February and the planned gathering in October, will “treat this complex theme of the family” and the “the dynamics in two movements will enable us to more effectively respond to the expectations of the people.”

In a break with past practice, Baldisseri had asked bishops to send the questionnaire not only to qualified theologians and experts but to ordinary lay Catholics in parishes.... Baldisseri defended the decision, saying, it was intended as “a way of feeling out the people of God, to understand the ‘sensus fidelium’” [“sense of the faithful”].

Some bishops are already using this result to add fuel to calls for a change in Eucharistic discipline, if not the actual teaching on marriage.

=====

"People of God" or children of the devil?

Gospel according to Saint John
Chapter 8:31-47

LINK

[31] Then Jesus said to those Jews, who believed him: If you continue in my word, you shall be my disciples indeed. [32] And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. [33] They answered him: We are the seed of Abraham, and we have never been slaves to any man: how sayest thou: you shall be free? [34] Jesus answered them: Amen, amen I say unto you: that whosoever committeth sin, is the servant of sin. [35] Now the servant abideth not in the house for ever; but the son abideth for ever.

[36] If therefore the son shall make you free, you shall be free indeed. [37] I know that you are the children of Abraham: but you seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you. [38] I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and you do the things that you have seen with your father. [39] They answered, and said to him: Abraham is our father. Jesus saith to them: If you be the children of Abraham, do the works of Abraham. [40] But now you seek to kill me, a man who have spoken the truth to you, which I have heard of God. This Abraham did not.

[41] You do the works of your father. They said therefore to him: We are not born of fornication: we have one Father, even God. [42] Jesus therefore said to them: If God were your Father, you would indeed love me. For from God I proceeded, and came; for I came not of myself, but he sent me: [43] Why do you not know my speech? Because you cannot hear my word. [44] You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and he stood not in the truth; because truth is not in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father thereof. [45] But if I say the truth, you believe me not.

[46] Which of you shall convince me of sin? If I say the truth to you, why do you not believe me? [47] He that is of God, heareth the words of God. Therefore you hear them not, because you are not of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment