Pages

Friday, August 22, 2014

bergoglio has a dream

bergoglio has a dream

In bergoglio's dream John Lennon appears to him and asks him, "do you remember what I said about Jesus back in 1966?"

"Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I needn't argue about that; I'm right and I'll be proved right. We're more popular than Jesus now; I don't know which will go first—rock 'n' roll or Christianity. Jesus was all right but his disciples were thick and ordinary. It's them twisting it that ruins it for me."
-- John Lennon 1966

bergoglio answers, "oh yes, i remember very well. i was a huge fan and i was very influenced by your music. i especially admired your sleep-in for peace with Yoko Ono. i wish i could have joined the two of you in bed... "

"... ri-i-i-ght, yeah well. Anyway, it's your time now. You're the one that is "more popular than Jesus now" and its up to you to bear the torch of liberty. All our brothers in the masonic lodges worldwide are counting on you jorge..."

"... and i won't let them down. Don't you see how i have been tirelessly working to make this dream come true? i know i only have a few more years before i join you in heaven... "

"yeah, well... we'll talk about that when you get here.... the boss says he needs me... "

"oh the beatific vision... can you describe it... "

".... uh right, beatific.... uh not exactly... i'll explain it all when you get here.... "

And then the vision of Lennon disappeared, but bergoglio could hear the sound of one  of Lennon's  songs as clearly as if he was walking in a shopping mall in Buenos Aires and it was playing in the background over the loudspeakers ... it was the song that bergoglio had adopted as his theme song many years ago when he was still a simple priest ....

=====

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky

Imagine all the people
Living for today
Aha-ahh

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too

Imagine all the people
Living life in peace
Yoohoo-ooh

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man

Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world
Yoohoo-ooh

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

No comments:

Post a Comment