Pages

Sunday, August 24, 2014

bergoglio grabs another headline

bergoglio grabs another headline

.... he just can't help it.

This time it is his call to the family of deceased journalist James Foley.

... which somehow got leaked to the press.

+ + +

He spoke also this parable: [10] Two men went up into the temple to pray: the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

[11] The Pharisee standing, prayed thus with himself: O God, I give thee thanks that I am not as the rest of men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, as also is this publican. [12] I fast twice in a week: I give tithes of all that I possess. [13] And the publican, standing afar off, would not so much as lift up his eyes towards heaven; but struck his breast, saying: O God, be merciful to me a sinner. [14] I say to you, this man went down into his house justified rather than the other: because every one that exalteth himself, shall be humbled: and he that humbleth himself, shall be exalted.

-- Gospel according to St. Luke 18:11-14

No comments:

Post a Comment