Pages

Friday, December 24, 2010

Give Her Life

Here is another Christmas present for my readers. Merry Christmas! I hope you enjoy this original pro-Life song which I composed. (Yes, that's me on vocals and guitar.)

The Lord is with thee; Blessed art thou among women.

Ave Maria, gratia plena,
Dominus tecum.
Benedicta tu in mulieribus,
et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Iesus.
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei,
ora pro nobis peccatoribus,
nunc, et in hora mortis nostrae.
Amen




Give Her Life
© 2010 PublicVigil

Baby Jesus
Joy of the World
Bringing gifts
To boys and girls

Holy Infant
So tender and mild
Holy Madonna
Mother and child

------
(Refrain)
Once we all
Were small and frail
Tiny bodies
Lost in prayer

Mary, Mary
Woman blessed
Santa MarĂ­a
To God she said “Yes!”

With this Rosary
On bended knee
We humbly beg
Forgiveness from Thee
------

God has brought
Into this world
A new creation
Boy or girl

You can choose
To give her life
She can’t speak
And she can’t fight

(Refrain)

You believe
In this life
Do what you
Know is right

You can choose
To defend
God will bless you
With a friend

(Refrain)

2 comments:

  1. That was beautiful!
    I like it a lot, I think your lyrics are inspiring and your voice sounds great.
    Happy Christmas Michael! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ride. Thanks. I wish I did have a great voice, like Placido Domingo – unfortunately he wasn't available for recording. After many takes, I came up with something that I'm happy with. But I don't think that I'll be getting any calls from Simon Cowell. :)

    How did you like the guitar playing? I recorded three guitar parts. One was a rhythm guitar played with a pick, one a finger picked background part and the third is a lead part. Actually I doubled up on the lead at the very end.

    If you get a chance head over to YouTube and vote for the video by selecting the "Like" button. Also please share the link to the YouTube video with others. Thanks. (Of course you can just link them to the blog post as well.)

    Here's the YouTube link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv8KqRnQx1Y

    People can also subscribe to my YouTube channel at:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/PublicVigil

    I've been thinking about posting an mp3 of the song on a for profit site that distributes music online. That would mean charging 99¢. Would anybody take me up on that offer?

    I really like this song, and think it could be a very effective pro-Life song. I tried contacting a couple of pro-Life groups to offer it to them, but never got a reply. Maybe I should try again now that I have polished up the recording and posted it on YouTube.

    I actually have this grandiose idea about using this and some other songs I've written in a movie musical. I have the general idea for the plot and have even started working on a screenplay. The story revolves around MIchael, a young Catholic pro-Life advocate, and Juliet, a young pro-choice activist. The idea is similar to Romeo and Juliet or West Side Story. In the movie, Michael sings the song at a pro-Life rally outside an abortion clinic. (It probably wouldn't be a full blown musical. More like the music would fit into the story.)

    By the way, how did you like the slide show that accompanied the song? Most of it consists of pictures I took myself at my local Catholic Church.

    Let me know if you are interested in having me post more songs. I have a few more that I have rough recordings of, but would need to polish up before posting.

    ReplyDelete